Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 11 March 2012

Info Post

'I just think that it's time for me to show where I came from,' Perry says of her Teenage Dream follow-up.
By James Montgomery, with reporting by Christina Garibaldi

<P><a href="http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/perry_katy/artist.jhtml">Katy Perry</a>'s <a href="/news/articles/1677702/katy-perry-teenage-dream-new-tunes.jhtml"><i>Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection</i></a> doesn't hit stores until March 26, but with the first single, <a href="/news/articles/1679744/katy-perry-breaks-billboard-record-part-of-me-teenage-dream.jhtml">"Part of Me,"</a> currently sitting atop the <i>Billboard</i> Hot 100, it's almost as if Perry can never truly say goodbye to the album that has come to define her. Though, to be honest, she's going to try. </P><P> </P><P>"It feels like the record that never ends!" she told MTV News recently in Los Angeles. "Obviously I'm going to close this chapter soon. ... I am ready to make a new record and maybe try another approach artistically, and I <i>will</i> close the book on <i>Teenage Dream</i> soon, but [<i>Complete Confection</i>] just felt really organic. I'm doing it mostly for the hard-core fans, because they always love all the extras. And also, I couldn't put more than 12 songs on the original <i>Teenage Dream,</i> and I had written more songs ... and I finally wanted to incorporate them." </P><P> </P><P><center><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:744827/cp~id%3D1680199%26vid%3D744827%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A744827%26instance%3Dmtv" width="460" height="260" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed></center> </P><P> </P><P>Perry said that, in addition to those two <i>Dream</i> holdovers &#8212; "Part of Me" and a track called "Just Enough" &#8212; the <i>Confection</i> collection will also feature a brand-new song ... one that she just put the finishing touches on in a late-night recording session. </P><P> </P><P>"I <i>just</i> wrote [it] with a bunch of my co-writers, in two days," she laughed. "It was nuts, I recorded it at 3 a.m. and I was slapping myself in the face to stay awake, singing the chorus ... so tired! But it's nice to have all those goodies [on the reissue.]" </P><P> </P><P>And while she wouldn't give away too many details about the proper follow-up to <i>Dream,</i> Perry did say that she can't wait to focus on writing new material. And she's got no shortage of subject matter, either. </P><P> </P><P>"It's a very therapeutic thing for me, songwriting. I'm kind of one of those people who is a bit emotion-less on the outside, especially in public, but what I do is I store it, and I file it, so when I need to write I can just push that button," she explained. "I'm going to stick my finger out there and test the waters of what the world wants, or what I need to say ... but, I'm all ears. If people want me to do another pop record, I can do another pop record ... I definitely have a lot to say right now, and in general always have. If you want an opinion, I've got one, unfortunately." </P><P> </P><P>Of course, whenever she gets around to making the new album, it may be a big-time departure from the futuristic, candy-colored pop confections she spun on <i>Dream.</i> The next time out, she may very well be looking backward, as opposed to forward. </P><P> </P><P>"I just think that it's time for me in some ways to show where I came from," she said. "I've always just been me and my guitar; and I'm not saying I'm going to make that record, but I do want to get back to my roots. I've been changing my hair color too much!" </P><P> </P><P><i>What do you hope to hear on Katy Perry's next album? Leave your comment below!</i></p>

Related Videos Related Artists

Source:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1680206/katy-perry-next-album.jhtml

Leslie Bega Leslie Bibb Lil Kim Lily Allen Lindsay Lohan

0 comments:

Post a Comment