Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 6 October 2012

Info Post

'I'll let love take the lead on that,' singer says in September issue of Elle.
By Jocelyn Vena

<P>In an interview with <a href="http://www.elle.com/pop-culture/cover-shoots/katy-perry-cover-shoot-september-2012?click=pp#slide-1" target="_blank"><i>Elle</i></a> magazine, <a href="http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/perry_katy/artist.jhtml">Katy Perry</a> wanted to make it clear: Just because her marriage to Russell Brand didn't work out, she hasn't given up on the idea of holy matrimony.</P><P>"I'm a woman who likes to be courted, strongly. Never say never, I guess you'd say," she says in the September issue, which hits newsstands August 14. "I'll let love take the lead on that."</P><P>The singer appears on the cover of the issue donning a hot pink dress with smoky eyes and long purple and black hair. Inside, the singer dons a geometric-patterned dress with her hair up.</P><P>In the interview, Perry goes on to discuss the boundaries of her role-model status. "I can't tell a person when it's time for them to have sex . . . or if they should have a cigarette . . . But I try to live my life with a lot of integrity," she explains in the issue. "Hopefully, that sends a message."</P><P>She's applying that integrity not only to her personal life, but also her career as she plots of the next evolutionary step in her post <i>Teenage Dream</i> era. "I love what I do. And when I don't love what I do, I'll make a change," she said. "I can't be the candy queen forever."</P><P>Currently, Perry is not only planning out her next album, but also celebrating four 2012 MTV VMA nominations. She is up for the coveted<a href="/news/articles/1690880/vmas-drake-rihanna-katy-perry-mia-gotye-video-of-the-year.jhtml">Video of the Year</a> award for "Wide Awake," as well as <a href="/news/articles/1690891/2012-video-music-awards-best-female-video.jhtml">Best Female Video ("Part of Me")</a> and Best Visual Effects and Best Art Direction for "Wide Awake."</P><P>The 2012 MTV Video Music Awards will air live on September 6, at 8 p.m. ET/PT, from the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Head to <a href="http://www.mtv.com/ontv/vma/2012/">VMA.MTV.com</a> now through August 24 to vote for your favorites, or text BNA to 22444 to vote for Best New Artist all the way through the show!</P>

Related Photos Related Artists

Source:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1690961/katy-perry-elle-magazine.jhtml

Sarah Mutch Sarah Polley Sarah Shahi Sarah Silverman Sarah Wynter

0 comments:

Post a Comment